Planning & Design
Planning and design go hand-in-hand whether it’s for an MEP project, energy efficiency measures, turnkey construction job or any other type of major project.
Planning generally includes project definition and organization of all resources to execute the project. Specific planning activities include:
- Developing project budgets including man-hours, hardware and equipment costs
- Scheduling of all resources, equipment and materials
- Preparing project financials: costs, payments, cash flow, etc.
- Creating manpower calculations and utilization
- Detailing actual work progress
- Devising alternative plans in case of delays
Besides creating detailed construction documents, designing includes providing detailed input to enable evaluation and execution of planning process.
MEP Services has teams of veteran project planners, designers and field engineers all with decades of experience serving a broad range of markets. That means your project is planned and designed by industry experts.
- From rural to major urban locations
- From light commercial buildings to major industrial plants
- From a simple plumbing project to a large-scale turnkey construction job
- From a new boiler to a full LEED analysis and energy efficiency upgrades
We invest substantially to utilize state-of-the-art software and other tools for planning and design such as AutoCAD 2017 work stations with Fabrication CADmep, Navisworks and Revit and Faro Focus 3D X330 Laser Scanners for our 3D data collection. Our designers also stay abreast of the latest MEP and energy standards and guidelines such as ASHRAE, LEED and Energy Star for buildings.
Our engineers have a wealth of experience and expertise. This allows us to take on all types of projects for clients throughout the Northeast.Read More
BIM and VDC
Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) is a complement to Building Information Modeling (BIM). Where BIM defines material spatial relationships and physical information, VDC adds the action and methodology of construction to BIM. In simple terms, BIM shows what’s physically being built while VDC shows the building process.Read More
Energy and Engineering
There are new technologies and techniques to reduce energy cost and consumption appearing regularly. Many of these new technologies are driven by new opportunities to partner with utilities to protect the environmental. Let us show you how to save money and while being a better partner of the community and the planet.Read More